Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

If I quit my job while on workers comp, is the medical part still covered?

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Geoff Morris The Morris Law Group

Yes it is still covered. Feel free to call me if you would like a free consultation. 949-830-1182

Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace

DON'T DO IT but Yes, the benefits due you under the California Labor Code continue.

DON'T QUIT YOUR JOB. If a physician writes you cannot return to all of the regular duties you were doing prior to the injury, then the employer writes that it would have made a new special job for you had you not quit, THEN YOU LOSE 15% OF YOUR PERMANENT DISABILITY AWARD. YOUR $10,000 DUED YOU COULD BE CUT DOWN TO $8500 JUST BECAUSE YOU QUIT MID-CLAIM.

iF YOU are having a lot of trouble at work, can you just tell the treating physician to write you are Totally Temporarily Disabled for a few weeks to let the craziness calm down? If not, you need a new Treating PHysician.

IF YOU QUIT then a doctor writes you can not longer do all the job duties you used to, and the company doesn't make a special new job for you, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN WITH ZERO INCOME BECAUSE YOU WILL BE REFUSED UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE for quitting.

Quitting mid-claim is never a good idea. Never.

ARMAN MOHEBAN LAW OFFICES OF ARMAN MOHEBAN

YOU ARE STILL ENTITLED TO ONGOING TREATMENT, FUTURE MEDICAL TREATMENT AND A SETTLEMENT FOR PERMANENT DISABILITY. FEEL FREE TO CALL US AT 213.388.7070 FOR A FREE CONSULTATION.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms