Colorado  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/30/13, 6:54 am

My husband is trying to get a job and we had a domestic dispute about 3 years ago. Either his probation officer or his lawyer said it would be hidden from his record when he finished paying the court fees. He just got a job pending his background check, but the background check came back that he pleaded guilty to domestic violence. He was told by his lawyer that he had to plead guilty, when I don't think he really did, but because he admitted to's on his record. It was a misdemeanor in harassment, not domestic violence. How can we either get it to show what it really was or hidden? We would prefer for it to be hidden like someone told him it would be.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search