Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

Leaving the state while out on bail

So here's a situation:

So say someone picked up a crime in state A and goes on probation. Then they decide to leave that state and get their probation transfered to state B. With their probation transfered, that person moves to state B. They go to school and are doing good, however gets into trouble. So then state B drops their probation and state A puts a warrant out for that person. Can someone get a bond in state A, but go back and live in state B, with promise to come back to state A for court. And if that person has good refrences and is a good character, but just made the same mistake over again. Also that person doesn't have anyone living in state A to live with and their family lives in state B.

Daniel Fenaughty FENAUGHTY & ASSOCIATES, PC

Re: Leaving the state while out on bail

State A should be looking to revoke probation in the original case. I cannot believe this person could get bond from a bondsman. I would suspect that they would need to post cash. But if, based on these facts, you can get bond, that's great.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado