Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Colorado

Boyfriend's rights as a renter

I have asked my boyfriend to move out of the condo that I own (I am sole owner). He is delaying and claiming that he has more rights in this situation as a renter ($400/month) than I do and that he doesn't HAVE to leave. We did not have a lease involved when he moved in a year ago. What is my legal situation?

Asked on 10/03/00, 6:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Boyfriend's rights as a renter

He has a month-to-month tenancy. You are the landlord, he is the tenant. The law requires that you give him 30 days written notice to vacate the premises. You must prove delivery/receipt of the notice. If he does not vacate within 30 days, you must go to court to have him evicted.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/00, 2:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Colorado

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now