Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Colorado

I am relocating to Colorado Springs and looking for housing and found a mgmt company renting a home did the application was approved and told to send quote"$1400 refundable security deposit" in cashiers check no lease mention and Zi told them I would be out in one week to view space and I arrived it was horrible and the lease a 15 page document had the rental at $1500 not the $1400 and the maintenance cost were outrageous and hidden as the agent handed me the document no explanation and I further declined to accept and requested a refund. I had to hunt them down and when I did get someone they said no refund. The security deposit us only refundable after the end of the lease. Never signed a lease or am intent outside of an application and there was never any mention if no refund for any items and I was very clear in my issues. Please help me how do I get my monies back?

Robert Murillo Mosaic Legal Partners LLC

Sorry for the problems. That is why sending payment without a written agreement is always a mistake. As to their claims, they sound weak and you may consider a small claims suit. You should speak with an attorney as one good letter may quickly resolve this.

Good luck.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Colorado