Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Connecticut

Copyright, Entertainment, and DVD sales

I'm with a performance group that has been performing to a niche but fervent audience. It benefits non-profit organizations and nobody is paid. the director now wants to sell DVD's of the shows.

Problem is, we use recorded popular music that I assume is copyrighted. I'm concerned that the RIAA will chase us down.

Asked on 11/18/07, 11:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ruth Emily Kochard Ruth Emily Kochard, Counselor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Copyright, Entertainment, and DVD sales

From the facts you've presented, it sounds like a copywright violation--you should seek a license to use the music.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/07, 1:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Connecticut

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Entertainment & Sport Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now