Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Connecticut

My mother passed in March 2012 leaving a will in Connecticut, I was notified by the local Probate Court there that the estate was cleared for release and forwarded to an estate attorney for distribution of the assets. I learned that a trust had been set up in the will for me and the Executor of it was my step sisters husband and he would determine any dispursements regarding my needs. Also, when I pass the remainder of the estate would go to his children. I can't help but feel that a possible conflict of interest may exist here. I am 63 years old and have been homeless for the last 3 years after suffering a stroke in the latter part of 2009 and a cardiac procedure in 2011, during which time I was unable to work. I have been living in a shelter and no I do not have any alc or drug addictions. At this time I have not received any further word from the Estate Attorney or the Executor. Any advice on how I might proceed would be greatly appreciated, obviously I cannot retain an attorney at this time for help.

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

You should go down to the probate court, read the court file and speak with the clerk. They are usually very helpful.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Connecticut