Legal Question in Immigration Law in District of Columbia

I'm on G5 Visa and my boyfriend and I are planning to get married, what are the necessary paper works to be done to change my status into a green holder.

Asked on 8/21/11, 12:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amy Long Law Office of Amy A. Long, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Depending on several factors, including whether your boyfriend is a U.S. Citizen, you may be able to apply to adjust status (i.e. apply for your green card) after you get married. There are a number of immigration forms that you must fill out for this. Your petitioning spouse should also meet the Affidavit of Support requirements. I recommend that you find a qualified immigration lawyer to evaluate your case for eligibility and explain the process to you in greater detail.

Amy Long, Esq

Alexandria, VA

(703) 270-9235

Read more
Answered on 8/22/11, 7:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in District of Columbia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now