District of Columbia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/15/10, 1:36 am

I recently discovered a Canadian deed of land from the 1890s that is in my great grandfather's name. Assuming the documentation exists to prove it was properly willed to me, is there any chance I own this land? It is 100+ acres of likely unoccupied land in New Brunswick. What do I do? Drive up there to the courthouse or registry of deeds and see if it was recorded and is still current?

If an attorney from DC can answer, I will consider hiring you to examine the deed and research the land online. Also, the person who answers does not have to be an expert in Canadian law.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search