Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My brother broke in to the restaurant where he works and took 150.00 dollars. he told the owner he did it and?

he told the owner he did it and paid back the money. the owner does not want to press charges and did not fire him. the police found fingerprints and they will come back to my bro. will the police press charges even though the owner of the rest. is'nt going to.

Thank you for your question. Generally, when there is an alleged crime that can only be prosecuted based on witness testimony--if witnesses don't come forward, there is not much for the police to go on.

You referenced fingerprints--these by themselves are probably not enough without corroborating evidece.

So, if the police wants to push things, they are either going has separate evidence or subpoena the oner and make him/her testify.

Please feel free to follow up.

AK

Richard Hornsby Richard E. Hornsby, P.A.

If the owner does not want charges pressed, it is unlikely that the state will prosecute him for Petit Theft in Florida

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida