Florida  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/14/00, 5:27 pm

Obtaining old medical records difficulty

I lived in Florida for 8 1/2 years and while there, I had some medical testing done. I moved to Colorado in 1998 and now my new doctor would like the results of those tests. I have been trying to get my old doctor to send the records for about 3 months. I have sent 2 written requests from my current doctor and called the doctor in Florida many times, with no results. Recently, I have gotten my father, who is more forceful than I, involved with no results. Plus, the last several phone calls have not been returned.

My question is this: Do I have any legal action I can take to obtain my medical records if no results occur within a resonable amount of time?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search