Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

On 2005 I was living in Miami & I was a person of interest in a case of Gran Theft in Jacksonville, so an order of arrest was issue if I did not meet w/the detective in charge of the case in 72hrs. I drove there the next day and met with the detective. To my surprise, few weeks later when I went to a police station to request a background record for the agency I work for as a nurse, I was arrested instantly because the detective fogot to remove the order of arrest from the system. My family paid a bond and I was released. Since then, everytime my employer requests a police record it shows the arrest, but no charge and no court disposition b/c I never went in front of a judge. Is is to late to take any legal action? Is there any document I can provide to my employer ? Please, advice.

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You can and should get your record sealed or expunged. There are certain criteria to do this, and you should talk to a local attorney that can deal directly with the sheriff of the county where you were arrested.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida