Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Someone has gotten an email in my name (in the body of the email) saying "click here" I didn't send out this email. It comes from a yahoo account that I do not know. I am concerned that many people got this email. I cannot erase the address because it is not familar to me. I did nothing wrong. Can I get in any trouble for this even though I was most likely hacked but I did NOTHING wrong and I had no knowledge of this until I was told by someone about it. Am I at risk even though I did nothing wrong?

Eric Trabin The Trabin Law Firm

It sounds like your computer and/or email was infected with a computer virus of some sort. In all likelihood, you cannot get in trouble for what is sent out from the email since it is not under your control. You should, however, take appropriate steps to fix this problem in order to avoid anything improper. For example, if this virus were to download illegal materials on to your computer then obviously that would be something risking prosecution.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida