Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/02/13, 9:00 am

I am in FL. I had a jury trial for Grand Theft in the 3rd degree, was found guilty and sentenced to 3 years probation on July 1, 2010. Last May, I went back in front of my judge and he waived all fees except restitution. I have been paying monthly the whole time, what I could afford. My husband & I live off his disability. The judge told me come back in a year when my probation was almost over and he would convert the monies I still owe into a civil lean. Because the monies were not paid in full, my probation officer had to file a VOP, (he said it was just a technical VOP) the judge did give me an ROR and I turned myself in on June 17, 2013. It is not the same judge as last year, a new one has taken over. In the 3 years in probation I have not even received so much as a parking ticket. As of today, I have still not received a court date. I would like to get this over with already and not have it still hanging over my head. What are my rights? How long do they have to give me a court date? Is my probation terminated or am I still on probation.

Thank you for your time,


D. Duncan

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search