Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I am in FL. I had a jury trial for Grand Theft in the 3rd degree, was found guilty and sentenced to 3 years probation on July 1, 2010. Last May, I went back in front of my judge and he waived all fees except restitution. I have been paying monthly the whole time, what I could afford. My husband & I live off his disability. The judge told me come back in a year when my probation was almost over and he would convert the monies I still owe into a civil lean. Because the monies were not paid in full, my probation officer had to file a VOP, (he said it was just a technical VOP) the judge did give me an ROR and I turned myself in on June 17, 2013. It is not the same judge as last year, a new one has taken over. In the 3 years in probation I have not even received so much as a parking ticket. As of today, I have still not received a court date. I would like to get this over with already and not have it still hanging over my head. What are my rights? How long do they have to give me a court date? Is my probation terminated or am I still on probation.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

D. Duncan

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You have a right to an attorney. Have your attorney get a transcript of what the judge said last year and show the new judge. You are still on probation until a judge, and only a judge, tells you otherwise.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA