Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Hello,

Back in October 2012 I called 911 because I was overdosing on meth and when the officers arrived I turned over all my paraphernalia not knowing later charges would be brought up against me for the residue in a baggie (less then one tenth of a gram). I thought I was doing the right thing by turning over the paraphernalia to officers instead of throwing it in the trash. Is there a way to get these charges dismissed? Would Florida Statute 893.21 apply in this case? If there is a way to get these charges dismissed what do I need to do?

In addition, I was baker acted and did 7 days in ACTS treatment center. Also when I was taken into custody I was not read my rights.

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

This is an old question so hopefully you've obtained counsel by now. If not, I suggest you do.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida