Legal Question in DUI Law in Florida

I was held for 871 days in the duval county jail with a $140,000.00 bond and was taken back to forth to court 77 times before I finally plead no contest to a felony d.u.i. due to my deteriorating health. my right to a speedy trial was waived by my first lawyer without my consent and my second lawyers drug their feet representing me. the judge denied my star witness,who was a toxicologists, because his testimony would have "prejudice the jury" since he stated that "I was not impaired at the time of my arrest". what recourse do I have at this point? I have 15 days to appeal.

Asked on 4/29/13, 7:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You answered your own question. Appeal the case before it's too late. Get an attorney to make sure it's done right.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 9:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now