Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/09/13, 5:48 pm

I have had my child since June 2, 2013 today is July 9, 2013. I was suppose to return her at the end of July to get ready for school but the mother is now incarcerated on two charges child abuse and battery. I currently don't know when she will be released. Her mother has already tried to pick up my daughter but my sheriff's department will not let her because we have no custody agreement they said I automatically fall back to being the custodial parent in this situation. I live in the state of Florida she resides in the state of Georgia, which is where my daughter was living when I picked her up. What do I need to do to get full custody or temp full custody granted to me through the courts so I can get her enrolled in school in Florida, and also because i'm scared for my daughters well being if she does go back home and her mother has child abuse charges?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search