Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/12/07, 11:05 am

child support causes financial hardship

I was notified of a child support obligation in 1990, the child was already 10 years old. I was cooperative and gave my info. The state set child support at $550.00 a month, I only made $7.84 an hour. A few times they even took $750.00 a month. I was in school and working full time. I asked for reduction but was told I needed a second job. My wife miscarried our baby and there is no doubt in my mind it was due to the stress caused by the the office of support enforcement. Not only did they continue to garnish my wages at a rate I could not support my family but they called and harrassed us on a daily basis. Yes this has now been several years but I continue to pay student loans which went into default as a result as well. We were placed so far in debt we are still trying to climb out. I want one day in court to prove this hardship was purposeful and well known to the OSE. We were sued from Wa. state and unable to be in court with 3 days notice. Is anyone willing to help? I have all documents.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search