Legal Question in Family Law in Florida


I am a single mother of 3 babies, I live in my boyfriend's parents house with him, our children, and his parents. I am self employed but make little money, his parents support us completely. He is on unemployment. He recently deliberately crashed my car, is physically abusive and is vindictive towards me. I have no money, no car, no job, and no house. How do I get out of this situation?


Asked on 6/26/13, 7:17 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The better question is, how did you get into this situation? You only have a couple of options: 1) get a friend of family member to help, or 2) get a better job and make enough money to move out. Once you move out, you can file for child support through the Florida Department of Revenue.

Read more
6/26/13, 7:27 am
Carolyn Jones Law Office of Carolyn R. Jones
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are going to have to leave him. If he is abusive you can file for a injunction to protect yourself. You should go to a women's shelter in your area to seek assistance with this. You should also talk to your local legal aid to discuss your options.

Read more
6/26/13, 7:27 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

File a petition to get full custody, find a way to move out with the kids, Contact An abuse shelter in your area, find a way don't just sit and do nothing.

Read more
6/27/13, 3:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88283 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now