Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Hello!

I am a single mother of 3 babies, I live in my boyfriend's parents house with him, our children, and his parents. I am self employed but make little money, his parents support us completely. He is on unemployment. He recently deliberately crashed my car, is physically abusive and is vindictive towards me. I have no money, no car, no job, and no house. How do I get out of this situation?

Thanks!

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

The better question is, how did you get into this situation? You only have a couple of options: 1) get a friend of family member to help, or 2) get a better job and make enough money to move out. Once you move out, you can file for child support through the Florida Department of Revenue.

Carolyn Jones Law Office of Carolyn R. Jones

You are going to have to leave him. If he is abusive you can file for a injunction to protect yourself. You should go to a women's shelter in your area to seek assistance with this. You should also talk to your local legal aid to discuss your options.

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

File a petition to get full custody, find a way to move out with the kids, Contact An abuse shelter in your area, find a way don't just sit and do nothing.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida