Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I married 7 months ago and I want to separate my property and the income it produce from my marriage. we agree before to married to do that but we did not it.I need to know what I need to do to protect my property with out loose anything of my right in common property because and his retirement plan I do not work just him.

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

You'll need a post-nuptial agreement if you're worried about losing your property in a divorce. Otherwise, you just need to work it out between the two of you.

Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

You can do a post nuptial agreement. Obviously he would have to agree to all of your proposals. I would advise that you seek the assistance of a local family law attorney. These types of agreement are litigated daily and you need to make sure that you use specific language and terms that fully protect your interest.

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

I recommend a post nuptial agreement that is reduced to writing and signed by the parties.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida