Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am about to marry a man who has a criminal history from 2009 (drug trafficking, 1st degree felony). Can my ex boyfriend whom I have one son with stop me from doing so? He is threatening me to go to court and file orders so that my soon to be husband and son can't be in the same room as each other. Can he actually do this if I am married to him or does this possible order that he is supposedly going to obtain only apply while we are still not married?

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

He cannot prevent you from marrying they guy but he can file a motion with the court to deny the boyfriend access to the child.

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

He can't stop you from getting married, but he may be able to affect your timeshare with your son. This is why you don't marry a drug trafficker. I wouldn't want my son exposed to an ex con.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida