Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am about to marry a man who has a criminal history from 2009 (drug trafficking, 1st degree felony). Can my ex boyfriend whom I have one son with stop me from doing so? He is threatening me to go to court and file orders so that my soon to be husband and son can't be in the same room as each other. Can he actually do this if I am married to him or does this possible order that he is supposedly going to obtain only apply while we are still not married?

Asked on 9/16/13, 8:48 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He cannot prevent you from marrying they guy but he can file a motion with the court to deny the boyfriend access to the child.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 8:58 am
Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He can't stop you from getting married, but he may be able to affect your timeshare with your son. This is why you don't marry a drug trafficker. I wouldn't want my son exposed to an ex con.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 9:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now