Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

This question involves the state of Florida. I have a 18 month old son. My sons biological father never wanted to be in his life since he found out I was pregnant. I started dating a new man when I was 2 months pregnant. He signed the birth certificate and I gave my son His last name. Up until my son was 14 months he has been in His life. Now he hasnt made any contact. I recently filed for establishment of paternity to the biological father. He hasn't responded within the 20 day period.  My question Is what should my next step be and should I file for disestablishment of paternity to the nonbiological father?! 

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

To begin with you married. That man signed the birth certificate. He is the one you go after for child support. If he wishes to disestablish his paternity - it will be up to him to do so. In the meantime he is the legally responsible father. If he disestablishes paternity - then you can go after the bio dad.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA