Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/02/12, 2:59 pm

This question involves the state of Florida. I have a 18 month old son. My sons biological father never wanted to be in his life since he found out I was pregnant. I started dating a new man when I was 2 months pregnant. He signed the birth certificate and I gave my son His last name. Up until my son was 14 months he has been in His life. Now he hasnt made any contact. I recently filed for establishment of paternity to the biological father. He hasn't responded within the 20 day period.  My question Is what should my next step be and should I file for disestablishment of paternity to the nonbiological father?! 

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search