Florida  |  Family Law

threats from a law office over ssi

If my sons father receives social security, and keeps it for himself, and i cant get medicaid for my son because of it,and if his sister works in a law office and tells me that if i go to child support and social security, that she has has the full extent of the law at her disposal, and theyll sue me, what do i do

Answered on: 8/20/07, 12:29 am by Scott R. Jay

Re: threats from a law office over ssi

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

Do whatever you think is the correct thing to do. The law is the law and no matter if the sister works in a law office, a court will rule appropriately. She cannot sue you for availing yourself of your legal rights.

Scott R. Jay, Esq.

Law Offices of Scott R. Jay 1575 Northeast 205th Street Miami, FL 33179-2133