Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Ok my ex wife got a restraining order on me in georgia I can't call her or my child. But I have a court order here in florida that allows me to talk to my daughter every day at 7pm. Is she in contempt for Not letting talk to my daughter? Here in Florida.

Asked on 10/18/13, 8:28 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Do the judges know you have 2 cases? Since your daughter is in GA, I would think the Fla. judge would defer.

Read more
10/19/13, 10:47 am
John Smitten McGuire Law Offices
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have to comply with all orders of the court, you should file a motion in GA to dismiss the GA injunction.

Read more
10/21/13, 3:16 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

One of those injunctions need to be dismissed. If the first was in Florida, then I suggest you contact the Judge in Florida and present the Georgia document and have a ruling on which one is valid.

Read more
10/21/13, 7:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8661 active attorneys ready to answer your legal qustions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessHuntington Beach, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now