Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

my wife and i are separated. we are both currently out of work. i have income for our bills and food though from my brokerage account i've had since i was a kid. its a premarital asset, as is my home. do i have legal right over her automobile which i paid for, currently pay for, payments and insurance, because the money paying for it comes from not "our" money?

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

What do you mean "legal right over"? Do you mean, can you take it from her and drive it? Whose name is on the title? If her name alone is on the title, she may call the police if you start driving it, though I doubt the police would arrest you for grand theft auto.

Do you mean, will you get half the value of the car in a divorce? Yes, if you bought it after you got married. No, if she bought it before you got married, but you could get back half the value you put into it.

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

If she drives it now she will be awarded it by the court

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida