Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

Motorcycle rider Discrimination

I own a condo in Florida with an assigned owner parking space. My wife and I are retired and enjoy short trips on on Touring Harley Davidson Motorcycle. This bike does not have loud pipes that will disturbe anyone. The Condo rules do not allow motorclcles on the property. As owners, we have no place to store our bike and can't leave it on the street. I feel as bikers we are being discriminated against parking in our own parking stall. If I park it my spot an am towed away, do I have any legal rights?

Stephen Verbit Law Offices of Stephen Verbit

Re: Motorcycle rider Discrimination

One of the realities of condominium living is that your property rights as a condominium owner are limited by the provisions of the condominium documents, including reasonable rules made by the association. Discrimination against motorcycles, unlike discrimination based on race or gender, is not illegal. Unfortunately, the bottom line is that if your motorcycle is that important to you, you should either find an off-site location to store it, or move somewhere that does not prohibit motorcycles.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms