Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

Adjustment to Permanent Resident without I-94

My wife is covered under Temporary Protected Status, and we are trying to apply for permanent resident. I am an American born citizen. The challenge is when she first received her I-94 as a child, her parents didn't turn it in when they left the US for Canada, and it expired while in Canada. Upon returning to the US they were admitted, but given a notice to appear for removal proceedings. The case was administratively closed and she applied and was approved to be covered under TPS for Nicaragua. When I'm filling the forms needed for permanent residency many forms request her I-94 number and expiration. She was never given a new I-94 since she was immediatley given the motion to appear in removal procedings. What can we do?

Asked on 9/23/04, 7:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Alvoid Richard Alvoid, PA
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Adjustment to Permanent Resident without I-94

You must apply to reopen procedings based on the new basis for residence (ie the marriage). However, I highly caution you to hire an attorney since this is court work. I will be happy to assist you if you email [email protected]

Richard Alvoid

Read more
Answered on 9/24/04, 11:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now