Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

Filing for a dependant- When Should I file?

In June of 2005 I will be a green card holder for 5 years which means I can go ahead and apply for naturilzation. Mu child was born in the Cayman Islands and do not have residency for the United States. At what point should I file for her? Should it be before or after I file for citizenship? Is there a way of asking for time extention in the US, due to a natural diaster which does not enable her to return to the Cayman Islands?

Asked on 10/13/04, 3:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Myron Morales Lee Lane Smith LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Filing for a dependant- When Should I file?

It sounds as though she may be eligible for permanent residence now.

Read more
10/14/04, 9:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88222 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessRiverside, San Bernardino, CA
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq.Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At LawMorro Bay, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now