Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

A friend of mine is a perminant resident since 1986 In 1998 Got into a fight and was charged with aggrieved batteri, she pleaded no contest went on probation and completed it. Now she would like to travel outside the country will she have a problem when she try to reenter the country, and is it ok for her to file to become a citizen of the United State.

Asked on 12/19/11, 8:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your friend needs to take her full criminal record to an immigration attorney for a review before she travels and/or files for US citizenship. The exact details of her charge are going to be important in planning her next steps.

Read more
Answered on 12/19/11, 9:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88393 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Charles AspinwallCharles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLCLos Lunas, NM
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now