Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

My U.S. Permanent Residency Green Card is coming up for renewal 3/17/2013. I was arrested on 3 misdemeanour charges all the same charge and convicted of one of them. One was many years ago about 30 years ago and two were 15 years ago, 8 months apart. The arrests were for prostitution and one was that but also with a arrest charge of massage without a license. All charges were dismissed except the massage without a license I plead no contest and paid a $75 fine. I would like to know if my Green Card is denied renewal because of my 3 arrests and I'm sent back to my native country of Canada, will I ever be able to come back to visit in the U.S.; when and for how long?

Joseph Brien Brien Law Group

Generally, the Green Card renewal goes through in situations like yours. You will note that the I-90 is quiet simple and only asked if you were ever in exclusionary proceedings. . SEE: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-90.pdf

Fililing for Naturalization will result in a hightened scrutiny and you could be denied citizenship and and then placed into exclusionary proceedings.

Why? The Prostituion will come up as a morals issue. I suggest you contact a qualified Immigration Attorny to review the specifics of your case. Note that the dismissals are very encouraging.

Good luck.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida