Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

My U.S. Permanent Residency Green Card is coming up for renewal 3/17/2013. I was arrested on 3 misdemeanour charges all the same charge and convicted of one of them. One was many years ago about 30 years ago and two were 15 years ago, 8 months apart. The arrests were for prostitution and one was that but also with a arrest charge of massage without a license. All charges were dismissed except the massage without a license I plead no contest and paid a $75 fine. I would like to know if my Green Card is denied renewal because of my 3 arrests and I'm sent back to my native country of Canada, will I ever be able to come back to visit in the U.S.; when and for how long?

Joseph Brien Brien Law Group

Generally, the Green Card renewal goes through in situations like yours. You will note that the I-90 is quiet simple and only asked if you were ever in exclusionary proceedings. . SEE: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-90.pdf

Fililing for Naturalization will result in a hightened scrutiny and you could be denied citizenship and and then placed into exclusionary proceedings.

Why? The Prostituion will come up as a morals issue. I suggest you contact a qualified Immigration Attorny to review the specifics of your case. Note that the dismissals are very encouraging.

Good luck.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA