Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

My daughter only has liability on her car. A few weeks ago driving on I-26 a truck carrying highway signs (not a DOT truck) spilled signs all over the highway. My daughter and 7 or 8 other cars ran over the signs and were all pulled over on the side of the highway. The truck driver fled, but someone got the name of the company. Officer on the scene looked at my daughter's car and said not enough damage, so she is not on the accident report. Only one person is, whose car was totaled. Damage to my daughter's car is over $500 (CV joint, axle, trunk closure, tire rims). We have the name of the insurance co. that insures the truck, but how do we approach that insurance company for reimbursement? My daughter has a passenger as a witness, as well as is in contact with the owner of the car that was totaled who also knows my daughter was one of the cars involved. The police report only lists the truck driver as “unknown.”

Asked on 10/16/13, 2:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Ortiz Ortiz Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Obtain a copy of the accident report. The truck's insurance company should be listed on the report. Write a letter to the insurance company requesting that a claim be opened.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 5:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Insurance Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now