Legal Question in Employment Law in Florida

I am a student that was asked to provide documentation regarding my class schedule in Oder to get an accommodating work schedule. Once the schedule was given for about a month and a half, the supervisor changed it back to a full time schedule and began to harass me about not being able to make it in to work on my class days. So she took me off the schedule and said in order for me to get put back on i would have to come in and speak with her. When I called HR I was told over the phone that I was terminated. Can she get away with that?

Jane-Robin Wender JANE-ROBIN WENDER, P.A.

If you don't work for the government, or are not a union member protected by a union contract, in Florida, private companies can terminate you for this type of reason. So the answer is yes, they can do that.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Florida

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms