Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

I was in a hit/run accident in on 09/11/09. There was $5000 in damage done to my vehicle and I had no collision - car's value is only $1000 so its a total. I had no physical pain at the time and no financial means to see a doctor. The vehicle was identified but no one has been able to contact the insured. The insured's co. sent a letter in Dec. claiming no responsibility. I started having severe upper back pain in Dec. and have not been able to see anyone. Their co. just called to settle on 3700 to total and take the car. I would like to see a doctor to find if something is wrong. Has it been too long to have this taken care of and should I settle for this amount? Desperately needing advice - 1st accident...Thanks in advance!

N. Ryan LaBar LaBar Adams

You may in fact be prejudiced by your delay in seeking medical treatment. However, in some cases, symptoms may lay dormant for a time before becoming pronounced. Additionally, the statute of limitations for this type of claim has not expired and you may want to talk to an attorney before executing a release in the matter. Call 866-680 4 LAW for a free consultation.

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

The law requires you to have PIP insurance. This covers medical care and treatment. Take advantage of it and see a doctor. If you have a significant problem, then see an attorney in your area for help. see www.FloridaPersonalInjuryTrialLawyer.com

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida