Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

I live this apartment for 9 years.I pay my rent monthly.I have mold,I called the owners and sent them pictures every day as the mold grows.My child has breathing problems.What can I legally do to make sure they remove it?

Asked on 8/02/13, 10:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to have it evaluated and verify what is present and what is needed to remove it. A remediation company should be able to come out and assess the problems. There is a statutory procedure for you to notify the landlord then to fix the problems or you will deduct the costs from your rental. Seek some legal advice so you protect yourself. Remember any litigation posture will necessarily affect your long term relationship with the landlord. You don't mention whether you have a lease or not and you should be prepared for termination should that be an option available to the landlord.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/13, 6:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now