Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

I live here in florida now but about 8 years ago while i was visiting in indiana i was on the back of a penske moving truck and my right index,middle, and ring finger got caught where the hydraulic lift and the truck meet those 3 fingers were crushed in betweeen the truck and the lift and they were barely hanging on so i got rushed to the hospital and everything they at first sewed all 3 of the fingers back on and i had a pin in my middle finger and once that was removed the doctor said that my right middle finger would have to be amputated i know this case is old but i am 17 ill be 18 next month and i know the statue of limitations dosent apply right now because im a minor i have until i am 20 to file i dont know if i have a malpractice case because the doctor made a mistake or im just trying to figure out if i have a good case

Charles Sinclair Sinclair Law Offices

For medical malpractice in Florida, unfortunately, any statute of limitations has expired. From a case evaluation standpoint, it would be very difficult to attribute any of your injuries to the doctor and not to the original trauma.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida