Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

I own 50% of a Florida residential property. My former business partner informed me in 2008 that she would no longer take any financial responsibility for the property. We are joint tenants and she is still on the deed and the mortgage. I want to explore my options (the property is in Florida but we live in California).

Asked on 5/20/13, 12:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You will have a lien on the property for any expenses you pay for your partner. Do you want to buy her out?

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 1:28 pm
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can file an action for partition to split the property and for an accounting so you get credit for what you have paid against the other owner's share.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/13, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now