Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

I entered into a roommate situation with a friend, as a sublease of her mother, who is the only person on the original lease. I signed a "promissory note" to the mother. Since moving in together, the friend and her mother have told me who I can and cannot have at the house (namely my boyfriend's children), yet the roommate invites whomever she wants over and her boyfriend is now living there, rent free. After the last episode of the roommate being hostile to me when the kids had an emergency and had to come to my house, I decided to move out. I am paid up on rent for this month and the mother still has my security deposit, which will more than cover any exiting bills. She is threatening legal action against me. What can I do?

Asked on 5/07/13, 9:34 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Without reading the sublease agreement and note, no one can answer properly.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 9:36 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Have an attorney review the paperwork.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now