Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

My husband passed away I am not on the mortgage but now they want to Forclose, what are my options?

Asked on 6/15/13, 7:45 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You likely have homestead interest in the property. Is your name on the deed or not? You will be included in the foreclosure. Do you want to save the house or not? That is the first question. Hire an attorney to assist you in deciding and executing the plan once you formulate it. Sorry for your loss.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 7:59 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Refinance and save the home or sell it.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 8:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now