Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

property line and fences

My neighbor has placed a fence directly on the property line. The problem is that my house is very close to the line, aprox. 9 inches. Now there is substantial growth of weeds and grass that I can not cut due to the width of available space between my house and her fence. Is there any guidance on how far a fence should be away from other structures. I had originally offered to allow her to connect her fence to my house, so that no fence would have been neccessary, but she gave no answer. When I returned from being away on business several months later the fence was up, and the grass is growing.

Johm Smith tom's

Re: property line and fences

Without knowing what restictions apply to your properties, if none do then you will probably need to replace the grass with something that won't need to be cut. I don't know how you will get in to do that though now that the fence is up.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida