Florida  |  Tax Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/10/13, 7:11 pm

My ex wife and I owned a snack vending route which we have since closed in South Florida about a year ago. In 2009 a Form 941 was filed and we have not paid it. Now we received a letter from IRS stating "Intent to seize your property or rights to property" amount owed 1554. Can they seize my new wife's bank account to satisfy this debt? She was not involved in the business nor was she married to me when I had it. She works for an hourly wage in the medical industry. Please advise.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search