Florida  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/26/05, 5:07 pm

need help handling dad's estate, only child, estranged mother

I'm not having an easy time of getting information, or getting property of my paternal family through the lawyer of my father's will and estate, because of a 7 plus year estrangement from my mother, his estranged wife. I am wondering what steps one takes in CT to find out what is happening, ask for items directly, how I take on certain aspects of the estate as his only child and if I am in a position to contest the will. When trying to figure this out with the attorney for my mother and executor of the will, things get personal, so I am not getting clear answers. I would love to know of steps, questions, and ways in which I from across the country can get information, without my family history being sold, thrown out, and finances I am entitled to not coming through to me.

Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search