Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

need help handling dad's estate, only child, estranged mother

I'm not having an easy time of getting information, or getting property of my paternal family through the lawyer of my father's will and estate, because of a 7 plus year estrangement from my mother, his estranged wife. I am wondering what steps one takes in CT to find out what is happening, ask for items directly, how I take on certain aspects of the estate as his only child and if I am in a position to contest the will. When trying to figure this out with the attorney for my mother and executor of the will, things get personal, so I am not getting clear answers. I would love to know of steps, questions, and ways in which I from across the country can get information, without my family history being sold, thrown out, and finances I am entitled to not coming through to me.

Thank you.

H.M. Torrey The Law Offices of H.M. Torrey

Re: need help handling dad's estate, only child, estranged mother

you would need to formally request an accounting. if you are across the country right now, your best bet might be to consult with and/or retain your OWN california attorney who will aggressively represent your interests alone. you may contact us today for further assistance.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida