Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

Surviving heir will not abide the terms of the will. As a giftee listed in the will, how do obtain what was gifted to me?

Asked on 9/12/13, 9:05 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can hire an attorney to enter an appearance on your behalf. Your are a specific devisee? Distribution can occur once the creditor's notice period expires and the assets are marshaled.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/13, 9:47 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the PR refuses to abide by the will, you will need counsel to compel.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/13, 7:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now