Florida  |  Wills and Trusts

I want to have a trust created after I pass away to leave everything to a charity of my choice. The trust will be created after I pass away. What type of trust would that be and is something like that even possible?"

Also, I am located in Florida.

Answered on: 9/01/13, 1:56 pm by Joseph Justice

It should not be difficult to accomplish your goals but you will probably need to consult with an estate planning attorney. As a general answer to your question you will need a will that directs the creation of the trust, but as a practical matter it may make more sense to set up the trust ahead of time. Each situation is unique so the best course of action varies from person to person.

The Justice Law Firm 6739 Land O lakes Blvd Land O Lakes, FL 34639

Answered on: 9/02/13, 9:55 am by Barry Stein

The trust created within your will is called a testamentary trust. yes it is possible. Seek an appropriate attorney to assist you in achieving this result.

De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary 25 SE 2nd Avenue Suite 425 Miami, FL 33131

Answered on: 9/02/13, 10:19 pm by Dean Bress

Your questions involved whether it is possible to create such a trust for the charity. The answer is that your may create such a trust in your Will. I would want to know what you want to accomplish by the trust and will the trust end at some point, and, if so, who will receive whatever is left in the trust at that time. A testamentary charitable trust is fine but have you thought about why you want a trust.

Bress Law Firm 10420 SW 16th Place Davie, FL 33324