Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

I received a refund check in the mail. I was expecting a refund, but received a check for more than expected. I called the company immediately and was told that the check was valid and that I was owed the 117$. Now it is 2 years later, I am being ordered to pay this money back. How is it legal for that to happen? And what should I do I have recently filed bankruptcy, for the debt I know that I owe. Therefore, I don't have any money to pay them back. I was only given 10 days to pay it back.

Cyrus Malekabadi Law Offices of Cyrus K. Malekabadi

If you filed for bankruptcy, talk to your BR attorney. You DID hire a lawyer to file your bankruptcy right?

Or did you do the completely foolish thing and file for BR yourself and now are tire kicking on this forum regarding an alleged $117 debt?

I suspect the latter.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Unless you were completely foolish when you filed bankruptcy, you paid a lawyer, and it was precisely for reasons like this. He'll know how to amend the schedules so you will have no problem. Call him.

If you made the dangerous mistake of filing pro se, you need a lawyer ASAP and need to pay him to fix your case.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms