Georgia  |  Business Law

bought a used car last month from a dealership. The engine light came on after I drove it off the lot (1 mile) and returned it. The dealership took it back and "fixed" the problem. A couple of days later, the dealership delivered the car to me, but on their way, the engine light came on again, they returned to the dealership. Then they said they would take it to a Mini Cooper dealership to have them fix it. Days later, they delivered the car to me again, said that they just "called" the mini dealership and they told them what to do to fix it. The engine light came on again, after I signed for the car. Now, a month later, it is back at the dealership that I bought it from since the issue is still not fixed. They said they would take it to an import place to have it fixed. They didn't know what it was and said that they would now take it to the mini dealership. Now, I find out that they in fact have NOT taken it to a mini dealership and that they never called the mini dealership the first time, so the issue was never fixed.

My issue is that this problem was there before I bought the car. They said they fixed it and haven't. They have taken the car back 4 times now in attempt (poorly) to fix the car, or to just shut me up. The have admitted that they didn't know what the problem is and I keep getting the run around. In the past month, the dealership has had the car and driven the car more than I have. The dealership also refuses to send me the service papers that I want to show the work that they did on the car when they had it. Which tells me that they didn't do anything in attempt to fix the car.

Help!