Legal Question in Business Law in Georgia

I am the legal guardian of my aunt at a rehabilitation center thru durable power of attorney. What type of legal form can I use to get copies of her checks that the institution receives and the banking statements which was given showing the last two months of her bank statements. The state is Georgia.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

There is no such thing as a legal guardian through durable power of attorney, and you don't do this with forms. You do this with a lawyer's help. If you have an actual guardianship, done by the probate court (the only way to do that), you show the bank your court order. If you have a proper POA drafted by a lawyer, you use the POA. And with a proper POA, you could simply log into the bank site and based on the language in your POA, do what you need, so it's apparent you have not gotten the legal help you need from a lawyer.

More Business Law questions and answers in Georgia

Business Law Legal Forms