Legal Question in Business Law in Georgia

I am the legal guardian of my aunt at a rehabilitation center thru durable power of attorney. What type of legal form can I use to get copies of her checks that the institution receives and the banking statements which was given showing the last two months of her bank statements. The state is Georgia.

Asked on 11/12/13, 8:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is no such thing as a legal guardian through durable power of attorney, and you don't do this with forms. You do this with a lawyer's help. If you have an actual guardianship, done by the probate court (the only way to do that), you show the bank your court order. If you have a proper POA drafted by a lawyer, you use the POA. And with a proper POA, you could simply log into the bank site and based on the language in your POA, do what you need, so it's apparent you have not gotten the legal help you need from a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/13, 8:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now