Georgia  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/30/13, 4:53 pm

To make a long story as short as possible, a car dealer sold my daughter a car. To date they have given her 4 temporary tags and no paper work has been filed with the DMV to allow her to get the plates in her name. Out of frustration we reached out to a title bond company and learned that the vehicle was never in their name (I’m assuming it is in the former owner’s name). After more research we have learned that the company does not have a license or a bond to sell used cars in Georgia. Through the title bond company she was able to get a bonded title so that she could get plates for the car. The car cost $3000 she has paid about $1,500 so far the blue book value is $1,100. They can keep the money paid so far but she would like to terminate the contract so that no additional money is due. Can she sue the dealer to break the contract under the grounds of misrepresentation and would this be done in small claims court?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search