Georgia  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/19/13, 2:27 pm

I live in Georgia and recently co-signed on a loan for a motorcycle. The person I co-signed with has been missing the paymenys and the loan company is comming to me for the payment, which is expected. When I spoke with a represenative they told me that I am only on the loan not the title, therefore if he does not make the payment I am responsible for making it,but according to the loan company since I am not on the title I cannot be in possession of the motorcycle even if I am making the payment. Is there any way I can get out of th loan or gain possession of the bike? I do not want a repossession on my credit.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search