Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Georgia

Can I levy an attorney's clients for a judgment against the attorney? We have a judgment against an attorney and want to collect. Can we inform his clients (or file garnishment paperwork against the attorney) that any money's to be paid to the attorney are to come to our firm instead - due to the judgment?

No. Not unless you can establish that the clients owe money to the lawyer. Usually though it is the lawyer who holds funds of the client in trust. They are not earned until the lawyer does work for the client. If the work has already been provided and the clients owe the money, then I suppose you can.

I strongly suggest that if you have recovered a judgment that you seek the advice of a collections attorney who can assist you in collecting on the judgment before you start trying to seize assets, garnish wages or levy bank accounts.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Georgia

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms