Georgia  |  Criminal Law

If I am a participant who is on dui court program and I just failed a drug. The sanction is for 45 days but I only have 20 days left on probation. Will they be able to hold me any longer than my probation

Answered on: 9/19/13, 8:28 am by Robert Gardner

If they are saying that they will allow you to remain in the court program for an additional 45 days without incarcerating you or kicking you out of the program, county yourself lucky and stay in for the 45 days.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at hmgrmg@yahoo.com, or through our website: hicksmasseyandgardner.com.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680